Tuesday, November 17, 2009

1.5 Years Old!

Saturday was my baby's 18 month birthday, 1.5 years! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. When I look back at the first few days in the hospital with her, it's hard to imagine that this is the same little girl. When I held her to my chest for the very first time it was love at first sight. The love has grown day by day and now I can't imagine what my life would be without her.

Her personality started shining through at a very young age. She has always let me know exactly what she wanted. She was probably one of the loudest babies in the hospital! However, as soon as she received her "demand" she would settle down and stay content until she needed something else. She's not a demanding baby by any means. Sure she's had her phases but overall she was a very content and happy baby and is proving to be the same as a toddler.

Lately she's been enjoying playing with Legos. I will sit on the floor and hold her tower up while she makes it taller and taller. Once she can no longer reach the top she will knock it over and start fresh. She builds quite a few towers throughout the course of the day. Another favorite lately has been her farm and animals. She's had that for a few months now but it never seems to get old. Her favorite animals are the horse and the goat.

My husband and I are going to start trying for another baby this month. I've asked Charla if she wants a baby brother or sister and depending on her mood she will say either yes or no. Obviously she doesn't really understand what this means. I hope once her sibling has arrived though, they'll enjoy each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment