Friday, January 15, 2010

Adult day!

Charla spent the day today with her grandma. She was so excited! I mentioned to her last night that she was going to go play at Papa's house today and she was thrilled. When she woke up this morning she could hardly wait to go. So we were in the car and on our way by 9:20A.

I admit that my husband and I were equally thrilled for her to be spending the day away! I love my daughter to death, but it's so nice to get a break. After dropping her off I spent some time browsing Bath & Body Works. I got a gift card for Christmas so I took the opportunity of being childless to pick out a new scent. Of course taking Charla is an option, but then I would be spending more time telling her not to squeeze the lotions than smelling and comparing the lotions that I like!

The drive home was very quiet. I'm used to her commenting on every single tree we pass. And if we happen to see a school bus we talk about that for a good 10 minutes too! My husband and I actually went out for lunch at 1P, that's nap time and I haven't been out during that time of day since she started taking 1 nap 7 months ago! Lunch was great. Even though it was just Subway, I didn't have to worry about what Charla was or wasn't eating and what was ending up on the floor. How relaxing!

After lunch my husband and I decided to go look around some stores. It has been a long time since I have gone to a store with the sole purpose of looking around. Usually I go with a list in my head of what I need and make the trip a relatively quick one.

I went to get Charla at 4P and both she and grandma had a lot of fun. It was nice to see her again but when we got home she was so talkative and full of energy I found myself wishing that I could take her back. I miss the old days sometimes, when I could come and go as I pleased and didn't have to worry about the care and well-being of another human. I love being a mommy, Charla's mommy, but I can't help shake the feeling that I'm losing bits of myself along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment