Sunday, January 24, 2010

Baby sling

I didn't know about baby slings when I got pregnant with Charla. By the time I discovered what they were, I already had a baby backpack. I've just spent the last 10 minutes browsing through different sites looking at all the super neat baby slings. The thing is, they are SO expensive! Maybe I'm not looking at the right sites but $50 for a piece of fabric?! So I think I'm going to try to make my own. I've enlisted my husbands help, which may or may not be a good thing!

There are other cool baby items I want to try out this time around too. Like the mesh bathtub seat and a delux pack n play. The pack n play will actually double as a crib for the first........2? years of life! We live in a 2 bdrm condo so space is going to be a bit tight. Hopefully my second child won't hold a grudge that Charla got a nice crib turned toddler bed and he/she got a pack n play!

The other thing I really want to do this time around is breastfeed. I had tried with Charla but neither of us were getting the hang of it and after a week I switched to formula. I had thought I was going back to work so it would be easier to formula feed but then I ended up not going back to work and wishing I had spent more time with breastfeeding. So, no regrets this time! I'm not a nervous first-time mom so I think I'll manage.

I haven't actually gotten a positive test yet because I haven't taken a test! I'm too nervous. I "feel" like I am and will work up the nerves to test later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment