Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My kid could be the next American Idol!

For the last few years my husband and I have gotten together with my brother and sister-in-law to watch American Idol. Mostly it's just a fun excuse to get together, but we've been known to vote now and again. Two years ago, Charla was born on the season finale, David Cook won that year. Of course my brother and sister-in-law came up to the hospital to watch it with me. The nurse even stuck around and watched Ryan Seacrest announce the winner!

So last night the new season began and of course Aunt RyRy and Uncle RyRy came over. Yes, they are both named Ryan and no they are not gay. Aunt RyRy is actually Ryan-Marie! Anyway, right before Idol came on Aunt RyRy starts playing her ringtone for Charla. It was Tik Tok by Ke$ha and Charla started dancing to it and saying "again, again". We must have listened to this ringtone a dozen times. Then there's this part that goes "woah-oh oh oh" and Charla starts singing that part!

It was the funniest thing I've seen in awhile! First of all, Charla dances like a peacock. She is a 100% white girl dancer, no rhythm. So she bounces around thrusting her head forward and back and singing "oh oh oh"! I really wish I had video of it! We were still laughing when Idol started. After watching a few of those rotten singers that you know just get air time because of how horrible they sing/dress/act I really think my little girl has a chance. Too bad this is Simon's last year. Oh well, perhaps she can perform for The X Factor when it comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment